Policy Info > MDA Scheme
MARKETING DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE SCHEME
(REVISED GUIDELINES W.E.F. 1.6.2013)
Salient Points of Revised Guidelines of MDA Scheme (w.e.f. 1.6.2013) are reproduced below for the information of member-exporters:
Export promotion continues to be a major thrust area for the Government. In view of the prevailing macro economic situation with emphasis on exports and to facilitate various measures being undertaken to stimulate and diversify the country’s export trade, Marketing Development Assistance (MDA) Scheme is under operation through the Department of Commerce to support the under mentioned activities:
(i) Assist exporters for export promotion activities abroad
(ii) Assist Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) to undertake export promotion activities for their product(s) and commodities
(iii) Assist approved organizations/trade bodies in undertaking exclusive nonrecurring innovative activities connected with export promotion efforts for their members
(iv) Assist Focus export promotion programmes in specific regions abroad like FOCUS (LAC), Focus (Africa), Focus (CIS) and Focus (ASEAN + 2) programmes.
(v) Residual essential activities connected with marketing promotion efforts abroad.
Assistance to individual exporters for export promotion activities abroad – Participation in EPC etc. led Trade Delegations/BSMs/Trade Fairs/Exhibitions :
(i) Exporting companies with an f.o.b. value of exports of upto Rs. 30 crore in the preceding year will be eligible for MDA assistance for participation in trade delegations/BSMs/fairs/exhibitions abroad to explore new markets for export of their specific product(s) and commodities from India in the initial phase. This will be subject to the condition that the exporter is having complete 12 months membership with concerned EPC etc. and filing of returns with concerned EPC/organisation regularly. However, this condition would not apply in case of a new EPC for a period of 5 years from the date of its creation. No such ceiling is applicable for participation in Focus LAC region.
(ii) Assistance would be permissible on travel expenses by air, in economy excursion class fair and/or charges of the built up furnished stall. This would, however, be subject to an upper ceiling mentioned in the table per tour.
|Sl. No ||Area/Sector ||No. of visits eligible ||Maximum Financial ceiling per event
(Including WANA countries)
||Focus ASEAN +2
The participation of individual companies in the above activities shall be subject to the following conditions :
(1) For EPC etc. led Trade Delegations/BSMs only air-fare by Economy Excursion class upto a maximum of Rs. 70,000 (Rs. 1,00,000 in case of Focus LAC) shall be permissible. For participation in Trade Fairs/Exhibitions reimbursement shall be permissible subject to ceilings mentioned in the column 4 in the above table.
(2) Maximum number of permissible participations shall be five in a financial year as indicated in above table.
However, for priority sectors, having large employment generation potential, viz. Agriculture including food items, Handicrafts, Handlooms, Carpets, Leather & Minor Forest Produce including LAC, 2 (two) participations in General Areas would be admissible with the assistance of Rs. 1,50,000 for each participation. The exporters availing of assistance under this provision would, however, be in addition to these participations, eligible for only any 2 Focus Area participations.
(3) Assistance shall be permissible to one regular employee/director/partner/proprietor of the company. Assistance would not be available to exporter of foreign nationality or holding foreign passport.
(4) Intimation application must be received in the concerned EPC etc. with a minimum of 14 days clear advance notice excluding the date of receipt of application in the office of the concerned organization and the date of departure from the country.
(5) The company shall not be under investigation/charged/prosecuted/debarred/black listed under the Foreign Trade Policy of India or any other law relating to export and import business.
(6) Member exporters of EPCs etc. would also be eligible for MDA assistance for participation in events organized by ITPO abroad. Their applications/claims would by routed/reimbursed through concerned EPC etc.
(7) Maximum MDA assistance shall be inclusive of MDA assistance received from all Govt. bodies/FIEO/EPCs/Commodity Boards/Export Development Authorities/ITPO etc.,
(8) A Maximum of three participations in a particular trade fair/exhibition would be eligible for MDA assistance and exporting companies after availing assistance three times including past cases for a particular fair/exhibition, have to participate in that fair, if any, on self-financing basis.
DOCUMENTATION FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF ASSISTANCE TO EXPORTERS:
(i) Intimation application in Annexure IV duly completed and signed shall be submitted by the exporter to the concerned EPC etc. giving clear 14 days advance notice. Intimation and the application must be sent electronically by email also.
(ii) Concerned Organization (FIEO, EPC etc.) on receipt of intimation shall immediately issue acknowledge receipt. Thereafter they will examine and issue approval letter to the exporter preferable within 5 working days of the receipt of the intimation, in the prescribed format(Annexure-V).
(iii) Claim along with the declaration duly completed in the prescribed format (Annexure-VI) and the Certificate (Annexure VII) duly signed by a Chartered Accountant shall be submitted by the exporter to the concerned Organization (FIEO, EEPC etc.) along with under mentioned papers immediately on return to India after completion of the activity but positively within 45 days of their return to India:
- Details of activity undertaken earlier with MDA assistance to the same country/countries.
- Legible photocopy of passport highlighting the entries about departure from and arrival into India and also the countries visited. In case, passport does not have arrival/departure dates regarding visits to various countries, some documentary evidence such as Hotel Bills, Boarding pass, lodging pass etc. be submitted.
- Original air ticket/jacket used during the journey. If Original air ticket/jacket is lost, a legible photocopy of the same along with a certificate from the concerned airline indicating following may be sent :
(a) Name of the traveler
(b) Ticket number
(c) Flight No.
(d) Date of departure from India
(e) Sectors/countries visited
(f) Class in which traveled
(g) Economy excursion class fare for sectors/countries visited.
- Self certified f.o.b. value export figures during the last three financial years, year wise.
- Brief report about the activity participated and achievements made.
(iv) Claim forms duly filled in and complete in all respects must be submitted to the concerned EPC, FIEO etc., within 90 days of return to India would. However, claims submitted within 30 days from the expiry of the 90 days period may be entertained by or wherein the deficiencies in the claim as intimated by the concerned EPC, FIEO etc., with 10% deduction. The claims which are submitted after 120 days of return to India shall not be entertained under any circumstances. Any deficiencies in the claim as intimated by the concerned EPC, FIEO etc., must be completed within 30 days of the date of directions given in this regard failing which the claim shall stand rejected without any further intimation or reminder in this regard by the concerned EPC, FIEO etc.
Annexure IV- Application Form
Annexure V- Sample Approval Letter
Annexure VI- Claim Form
Annexure VII- Chartered Accountant Certificate
Click Here for the immediate previous MDA Scheme
Click Here for the MDA Scheme 2004
Click Here for the MDA Disbursement 2007-08
Click Here for the MDA Disbursement 2006-07
Click Here for the MDA Disbursement 2005-06